Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pajamas and Cocktails

 
New tradition from here on out.  Every. Single. Year.  No matter where we live or what we're doing with ourselves...holiday pajama breakfast with our neighbors. 












The components that made this so fun and festive for me included:  it was a potluck (I didn't have to do too much cooking);  the fact that we WORE OUR PAJAMAS! (ie:  all I had to do was brush my teeth and I was ready); the beverages (mexican coffee = coffee + kaluah + tequila!, bloody marys, mimosas, etc...); the food; a fancy hot chocolate bar for the kiddos; a spontaneous pick; and most importantly, the neighbors.  I love love love love love my neighbors.  I don't know how I got so lucky to land smack-dab in the middle of a typical boring American-suburban-sprawl neighborhood and find these lovely friends.  But drinking with them at 10 a.m while the classic claymation Rudolph movie plays in the background and our kids and dogs run around in the kitchen in their p.j.s...that's pretty much the most fun thing ever.  Really. 

No comments: