Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Inspired by the women over at Threading Light, I've decided to partake in my own version of their Piece Together Peace project. Their suggestion, that "the most significant work we can do for the benefit of our planet is the work that we do on ourselves" is really resonating with me right now. I believe that if I am more peaceful, my family is more peaceful, and in turn my community is more peaceful.
I've been doing some pretty serious reflection and introspection lately about who I am as a mother, wife, and coworker. And even though I'd like to be, I often find that I am NOT the most peaceful person in the room.
I often feel completely overwhelmed by all the changes I want to make in myself. This project makes it seem a bit more manageable with the monthly challenge to "make a commitment to change some aspect of your life that will bring more peace to you and the beings around you". Each month I will be making one small change in my life, lifestyle, attitude, or habits that I believe will bring more peace into my life.
For the month of November, I'm planning to start meditating at least a few mornings a week. The quietest, most private part of my day is first thing in the morning when I am the only one awake in my house. I'm looking forward to waking up just a little bit earlier to spend some quiet moments meditating before starting each busy day.
Monday, November 1, 2010
I'm feeling inspired. The inspiration is coming from within and from a lot of other resources. Here are some current sources of inspiration for me....
We're doing this, and it's working!
Planning to embark on this journey
I want to paint Sadie's toy chest and am inspired by this
planning on it
as I ponder the holidays
I love this song
parenting Food For Thought
I love these Story People quotes:
- "I only do this until I get dizzy & then I lay down on my back & watch the clouds, she said. It sounds simple but you won't believe how many people forget the second part."
- "Everything changed the day she figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in her life".
- "There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good."
- "There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling rain & remember it is enough to be taken care of by myself."
- "She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short."