Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dinner and Love


It was so much fun for us to host Christmas dinner for my husband's family this year.  I LOVE any excuse to use my pretty dishes and to spend a day or two cooking a special dinner for the people I love.  



We spent the day together enjoying the company, some delicious food, and a lovely and generous gift exchange.  My gorgeous and adorable nephew Elias was a trooper on his first Christmas...enjoying the wrapping paper, bubble wrap, and cardboard boxes as any one-year-old should!

Cranberry Rosemary Spread






Dinner included turkey and a delicious turkey gravy, our favorite cracker stuffing made by my mother-in-law, sinfully delicious sweet potato casserole from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, parmesan garlic knots, whiskey glazed carrots, and roasted brussels sprouts with BACON.  And an entire dish of cranberry sauce all to myself....
 And a delicious cake I chose just for my pecan-pie-loving husband: Pecan Pie Cake with a Cinnamon Whipped Cream Custard Frosting. YUMMMM.....

No comments: