Saturday, January 12, 2013

And that's not all

The holiday season was only about halfway over after all the stuff I've blogged about so far took place.

We proudly watched Sadie participate in her school's holiday program.  Big difference from last year when she hid in my lap with her eyes closed for most of it...


We had our annual solstice celebration...just the three of us.  Chinese takeout, Christmas movies, and a simple gift exchange.



We hosted the annual bookclub party for my girlfriends and their husbands.


 


We went to Nebraska to see the Peterson clan and celebrated Christmas with them.  I love my husband's extended family and am so thankful that we were able to be with four generations of Petersons. 













We spent a night and a day with my parents partaking in all the Ingersoll family traditions (crepes, lox and bagels, Christmas movies, Christmas music, a LONG DRAWN OUT gift exchange, naps and reading while we get ready for a big, delicious dinner, a discussion of all that we're thankful for, four big dogs running around, hot tubbing with Sadie, and canasta).  I love our celebration...







and then it was New Years Eve!  We kept it close to home and about family this year.  My brother and his wife, our neighbors, and another couple of friends joined us at home for a big dinner, games, drinks, and lots of laughing.  Sadie stayed up late and insisted on putting herself to bed.  O.k.!

And now this big, beautiful holiday season has run its course.  Oh it was so good.  I am so grateful for all the beauty and love and good fortune in my life.  Absolutely reveling in it right now after all the celebrations we've had in the past couple months.

No comments: