Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Making Merry

This may have been the loveliest holiday season of my adult life.  Not sure why...just all the joy and beauty and family and friends that it was full of.  And even though it was oh so busy, all my planning ahead and organization made it so that I was present in all the lovely moments.  I was not (as I am known to do) stressed out about the next event/task/item on my to-do-list while in the midst of something special.  That's a big change and accomplishment for me.  And I'm proud of it.  It was worth the hard work to make it so, because I wanted to be a part all the magic that this time of year has to offer.

Decorating our big, beautiful live Christmas tree...

Holiday pajama storytime in our neighborhood community center (which happens to be a lovely log structure with a fireplace) and dancing with a new friend from preschool
Disney on Ice with my best girlfriends and their daughters.  Such a fun girls-day-out.

Crafty goodness throughout the house...

Instead of a wreath
Peppermint Oreo Pops
cute Christmas Card display and paper snowflakes

No comments: