Monday, December 16, 2013

Really Ties the Room Together

 This fall I somehow found some time to take on some projects that have been brewing in my mind for years!  So fun to finally make them happen and I love what they've added to our home.  First it was this family photo wall in our guest room (inspiration here).  

 I started by gathering all my old, outdated brass and wood picture frames and spray painted them all the same off-white color.  I put burlap and a fun ribbon behind all the frames, and anchored them at the top of the wall with fun doorknobs I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  The hardest (and most fun) part was choosing which pictures I wanted to display.
I saw this project on Pinterest and have always wanted to tackle it in order to display my Instagram prints.  I LOVE instagram, and was SO excited when Walgreens released an app to print instagram photos straight from your phone.   I found a funky, brass frame at Goodwill (it even came with a horribly ugly painting) and spray painted it.  Wire and tiny clothes pins finished off the project.  So happy with how it turned out.
 
I've been looking for a way to store our growing record collection for some time.  We were quickly running out of room in our existing entertainment console, but I didn't really want to buy a new piece of furniture for this purpose.  Enter IKEA Hack!  I became a big fan of the IKEA hack concept when we installed our built-in bookshelves on our second floor, so I thought it might be a great resource for this project. 
 I bought two inexpensive bookshelves at IKEA, and made the cushions myself (tutorial here).  It took me one night to make these come together and I think they are so much fun.
And Sadie LOVES her new window seats!

No comments: