Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Happiness

I love love love this time of year.  The potential exists every year that I will overbook, overplan, overcraft, and set unreasonably high expectations for myself.  I really try my hardest to avoid that...and it's going well so far.

It takes a lot of planning, a kick-ass spreadsheet, starting early, and making sure I'm well rested, well hydrated, and getting some exercise.  So far, so good!
 


Favorite moments so far....
 
Performance of Annie at a new-to-us theater in downtown Littleton...


Our annual tea party at the Brown Palace.  SUCH a special tradition, and made so much more special now that we have a little girl in her new Christmas dress joining us....







 Decorating the tree and making the house merry on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon....


Annual bookclub party with spouses and without kiddos (except for the two brand new babies in the group).  My face and throat and head hurt so badly by the end of the night because of all the out-of-control laughter.  I love hosting this party at our house..it's such a fun reason to get the house looking and smelling good, light all the candles, put on our favorite Christmas music, and wear a pretty party dress.  I love these friends and their partners SOOOO much...I feel so full of emotion after this night.  So thankful for these people in my life.  


 The season has just begun and there's still so much fun to be had....just trying in every moment to soak in the beauty, joy, and wonder that this season brings.  

No comments: