Saturday, December 21, 2013

Florida in Photos

 Finally a family photo session.  We have so few of these pictures....
 Down time with my parents at the beach...



 
Cousins on the Gulf of Mexico.  Just like my cousins and I thirty years ago.  I so treasure that our children are now making these memories together....

Dinner at Crabby Bill's, of course.  And Sadie was the one man band's BIGGEST FAN EVER.  She danced up there in front of him all alone. 
Visiting with old friends who don't live so close anymore...making up for lost time.
A perfectly lovely Thanksgiving day.  It started with a very cold run for the annual family 5K.  But it sure felt good to run (and good to run at sea level!)  

The Thanksgiving table at my Aunt Cathy's house was gorgeous as always, and I am so thankful that she makes it possible for the entire family (nearly 40 of us) to actually sit down together. Such an amazing feat, but so worth it!




 
We celebrated Chanukah together for the first time in more than a decade! 
 A visit to the Florida Aquarium...




 Late nights with my cousins...Hunger Games movie, beer pong, movies, chatting, Trader Joe's snack explosion.  Oh how I wish we all lived closer so that we could do this more often.  I have so much fun, laugh so hard, feel so comfortable and safe and happy when I'm with my cousins, my brother, and all the spouses who've become a part of the family.  It makes me so sad when this trip comes to an end every year. 
 And of course...watching this next generation make their own memories, and follow in their mamas' footsteps is the best thing ever....

No comments: