Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend of Women

My lovely cousin Haley is getting married at the end of June, and I was so thankful to be able to join her for a "bachelorette" weekend in the mountains of New Hampshire.  My sister-in-law Mari and I left Denver on Thursday morning, and of course had to treat ourselves to bloody marys on our way through DIA. 
Southwest Airlines never disappoints...my favorite airline of all time.  Airplane yoga led by the flight attendant.  And everyone participated!
And we got off the airplane, and there was cousin Casey waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator..just like always.  We followed the explicit directions Haley had emailed us the day before.  And somehow made our way via public transportation to the subway (the T) platform.  We definitely felt like country kids let loose in the big city. 

But soon Haley found us, and we jumped on the T to work our way to the house she shares with her husband-to-be, Greg. 

Haley and Greg live in Somerville, near Cambridge, in the most charming neighborhood.  I've never spent any time in Boston or Cambridge and am absolutely in love with this city!!!
Greg is just the loveliest man, and I'm so so happy that he's joining our family.  It was great to spend a little time with him during the trip. 
By Thursday night, another cousin, Ali, had arrived, and we settled in to catching up and enjoying each other's company.  These girls are my sisters, and nothing in the world makes me happier than when we're all together. 
Massachusetts was in full bloom and was gorgeous!

We ate so well while we were in Boston, including my favorite meal at a place called Sofra.  The most deliciously perfect little breakfast/lunch. 
Then we picked up our cousin Emily, and a couple other friends, and we were on our way to New Hampshire.  The rest of the weekend consisted of lots of visiting with a group of really cool women (about 20 in total), lots of good food, fresh air, drinks, games, laughing, fireplaces, and lots of restful time around the beautiful cabin we were staying in.  Just lovely.








And then we were on our way back to Boston.  Unfortunately in the midst of all this loveliness I got rear-ended while driving a rental car.  No fun. 
But then I found my dearest, closest, most favorite, best friend in the whole wide world....and all was right with the world.  And we had fancy drinks and dessert and a couple hours to soak each other up. 
And it wasn't nearly long enough.  BUT...I'll be going back in a few weeks to spend a few days with her before Haley's wedding and I cannot wait!
What a great trip we had.  I am so thankful that I have so many beautiful, brave, smart, strong, fun, funny, and interesting women in my life.

No comments: