Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fond Farewell

May 25, 2012 was my dad's last day of work.  He's had a varied and interesting career and I've always known him to be a very hard worker.  To celebrate, my family and I organized a surprise party for him at a great restaurant in Littleton, the Old Blinking Light


I believe he was quite surprised...and happy to see many of the people from all parts of his life were there for the surprise.  New and old friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. My Aunt Barbara and Uncle Chet even flew in from Florida for the surprise.


The bakery made a really nice cake for Von.  (ha!  Dad's name is Jon...) 

Our dear neighbor Chris made this awesome map showing the route of my dad's upcoming BIG TRIP (more about that later) which depicted all his companions along the way.  

Everyone signed the banner with words of wisdom and thoughtful messages...


And everyone had a chance to watch the slideshow that I had put together for him. 
It was such a special night.  It really was wonderful to celebrate my dad and what a wonderful man he is.  I hope we sent him off on his trip feeling the love from all of us who were there with him that night. 


No comments: