Sunday, August 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY (August 9 2009)
Outside my window...blue sky, a slight breeze
I am thinking...about the week ahead
I am thankful for...a baby that is sleeping through the night!
From the kitchen...fresh veggies from the Castle Rock farmer's market
I am wearing...Sunday duds
I am creating...socks, finally started a new knitting project!
I am going...to have dinner with my cousin Ken Golding, and introduce him to baby Sadie for the first time!
I am reading...a lot of different things. Trying to catch up on newspapers, Mothering and Orion magazines, and Dr. Sears' Baby Book to learn about all the amazing changes going on with Sadie.
I am hoping...for a non-rainy Folks Fest next weekend!
I am hearing...Pete Wernick playing banjo on Brian's new DVD.
Around the house...piles of stuff to pack for the festival
One of my favorite things...going into a Sunday evening feeling productive, organized, and relaxed. Feeling like my weekend was the perfect combination of chores, fun, music, family, friends, and rest.
A few plans for the week: work, rest, Flight of the Conchords Season 2 with the neighbors, play some music, and then Folks Festival!!!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Four generations!

No comments: