Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Some Other Fun Stuff I Should Mention (and link to)

We've had some lovely nights out which have included DELICIOUS food, drink, and entertainment.  Thought I should give a shout out to all this fabulousness....

We celebrated our anniversary about a month late with dinner at The Bonefish Grill.  We LOVE Bonefish.  The service is always great, the atmosphere is nice, and the food is delicious.  AND, my favorite thing about it is that you can eat a healthy dinner and still feel like you're splurging.  Unlike most dinners out, I don't leave feeling like I've sabotaged my entire healthy nutritious lifestyle. ;)

And then we headed to one of our very favorite local music shops, Twist & Shout, and splurged on a big old pile of records (yep, vinyl...we're into it).  Faves include Brandi Carlisle's new album Bear Creek, Todd Snider's Acoustic Hymns & Stoner Fables, Widespread Panic's Live In the Classic City II, the new Old Crow Medicine Show; and some great used selections including: Uncle Tupelo's No Depression, some choice Hot Rize and Red Knuckles albums, and something called aerobic clogging.  No seriously.  And it's great (for old-time fans like us...)

It felt like the old days (in my 20s) spending the evening with earphones on at Twist & Shout, actually spending money on music (!), and hanging with my man in the big city on a Friday night.  Fun!


In October, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law took us out for a very fun night on the town to celebrate my birthday.  Margaritas at The Rio, dinner and delicious beers at a great new find, Freshcraft, and more drinks and skeeball (and Ms. Pacman!) at 1-Up Arcade Bar


 The night before our most recent house concert we finally got a chance to dine at one of the hippest, hardest seats to get in Denver, Linger.  (I know, don't we sound so fancy???).  It was an anniversary gift from my parents and it was AMAZING!  Such a delicious dinner..the hype and anticipation were worth it.  And then we went and saw one of our new fave bands, Elephant Revival atone of Denver's best live music venues, the Soiled Dove Underground.


Last weekend, courtesy of a vendor I use, Origins Laboratory, we had great seats to watch our Denver Broncos and our new quarterback Peyton Manning win against the New Orleans Saints.  We had a chance to tailgate on a beautiful, cool fall day with our neighbors Ryan and Amanda...a perfect Sunday. 

We sure are lucky that we have family in town and we get to go out and act like grown married people every once in a while (pretty often, in fact).  I swear, this is one of the most important things that we do to keep our marriage happy and healthy.  And all thanks to our village!!!

No comments: