Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reunited

I made this sweet family of gnomes for Sadie months ago. We started with three and added three more to the group. Sadie loves them and plays with them a lot. Then three of them disappeared for a couple months. And it made us absolutely batty! Finally, a week or so ago, they reappeared (they were hiding in a little-used drawer in our bedroom of all places....). Now they're a family again and I can finally take the photos I've been meaning to since I first made them.

This was such a fun and easy craft. Sadie was fascinated by the process, too, so I was actually able to make them while she was awake and in the same room (which doesn't happen that often as a crafting mama to a two-year-old). I used Carrie Logic's awesome tutorial found here. The materials were cheap and easy to find and these little friends continue to provide a lot of fun for Sadie.

2 comments:

Procrastinating perfectionist said...

Those are adorable!

Wendy said...

Those are very cute. I just found these cute gnomes too: gniffer gnomes: http://gniffers-gnomes.blogspot.com/

Keep rockin' it crafty mama!