Sunday, April 24, 2011

Clutter-Free

These are the big, heavy-duty yard work garbage bags. And they're full of clothes from my closet. Clothes that don't fit me anymore and that I hope to never need again. I've been hanging on to these size 12-16 clothes for years, knowing that my weight has a tendency to fluctuate wildly and that I may or may not be pregnant again at some point in my life. I packed one bin of maternity and nursing clothes, and one box of sentimental clothes, and the rest went in these bags.


And now my closet looks like this!

It's amazing what a little decluttering can do for your general attitude about life! Ah....I feel like I just took a big deep breath. I need to do this more often.

Good thing I have plenty of other closets in my house that need the same treatment.

3 comments:

blue milk said...

I am feeling so jealous of your clutter-free closet! I bet it feels marvellous walking into that space.

Procrastinating perfectionist said...

Looks great! Our closet is a mess. I have the same problem. I saved all my jeans from size 16 down to my size 6 jeans that I was in when I met my hubby. I lost alot of weight when my brother died and went from a size 16 down to a 6 but then I gained all the weight back. I did however get rid of the jeans that were pleated or acid washed years ago but have held onto pants from each size waiting and hoping I will get back into them. I dont think I will ever be a 6 again but I will get rid of the clothes I dont fit into! The only thing I miss about our old house (I think we had the same house) is the huge closet! Good for you, you are just making all sorts of good changes! You are inspiring me!

Angela said...

I also LOVE having a clutter-free closet. Wish I had that many shelves and space for clothes!