Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Evie and Keith

The house concert we hosted with Evie Ladin and Keith Terry was by far the most interesting, unique, and unexpected of all the house concerts I've ever seen.


Brian and I have been fans of Evie's for years.  We love the all-female old-time band that she played banjo for, and have listened to them for a long time.  On a whim, I emailed Evie about a year ago (or more) to see if they'd come play for us.

Over the course of a few emails, we agreed to host Evie and her husband Keith Terry as a duo show.

Evie's background is in Appalachian old-time music, and buck dancing.  Keith comes from a more jazz-based and body percussion background.


And the show that the two of them put on, and the combination of their unique backgrounds, is truly something to behold.  I think my face hurt by the end of the night from smiling so much.

This is how they started the show!


And then this happened....

Oh, and they were just the loveliest people.  I had no idea what we were in for with this show, and I was just so, so pleased with every single thing about the night.

I continue to be amazed and full of gratitude for the opportunities that we have to meet these musicians from around the country and call them friends moving forward.

No comments: