Monday, October 11, 2010

Honey Don't

On Saturday, October 9, we hosted a house concert that I have been looking forward to for so long. One of my favorite Colorado bands, Honey Don't, traveled from Paonia to play for us on a beautiful fall night.

This was one of those experiences where I just had to really concentrate on holding it together so I didn't start crying...I was that happy! Honey Don't's (two apostrophes? hmmm...) music was SO good, and the excited positive energy in our small living room was so palpable. I had such a big smile on my face all night and felt so lucky to be able to be a part of this musical moment.

I'm really proud that Brian and I can play a small part in making this magic happen. When you bring good people, acoustic instruments and beautiful voices, delicious homemade food, locally brewed beer (courtesy of our friend Lachlan at Dry Dock Brewery), and a lot of love into a small space like that, great things are bound to happen.

And they did! It was a night I will never forget. Bill, Shelley, Greg, and Ryan are some of the most talented musicians I know, and it was such an honor to have them play in our home. And it was overly gracious of them to stick around for a pick after the show. I vowed that I WOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take my mandolin out of its case while Greg Schochet was in the house (he's probably one of my favorite mandolin players ever....). Well, he got around that by having me play his mandolin while he played bass. Shoot.... But it was so fun to pick with some real musicians...I can't complain.

And we had dancers! Yeah for the dancers!

Here are some of my favorites from the night....






No comments: