Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've Been Showered

On January 4, I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with family and friends at a shower held for me in Colorado Springs.

The shower was hosted by dear friends of my mother-in-law's (and dear friends of mine), Diane and Linda. It was a gorgeous Colorado Sunday. The snow was falling outside and the fireplace was burning inside. Many of my favorite people were there...including some special out-of-town guests. Brian's aunt Julie and cousins Alison and Katie Sharp were in town and were able to join us for the shower. Soon-to-be Great Grandma Sharp also made it just in time (despite a few airplane mishaps along the way). My mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law Susie (and her sister and mother), as well as many great friends were able to join us.

I was treated like a princess and could feel so much love from all the special women who gathered there.

It was such a wonderful day and I am so thankful to everyone who came and even those who couldn't make it, but sent their love. It is amazing to spend time with women who have known Brian most of his life and to hear their stories about his youth. I am always thankful that Brian's "extended Colorado Springs family" has welcomed me so warmly and is treating us and our baby so generously.

No comments: