Friday, December 5, 2008

I Love My New Camera!

For my 30th birthday, (back in September), my husband gave me a new camera. Well, he didn't actually give me a camera, but instead had a pop-out paper camera in my birthday card and lovingly told me to pick out a new camera of my choosing. I've been using his old camera since we met, and it has served me very well.


















However, I did find that its zoom capabilities weren't quite what I needed for taking pictures at festivals and concerts (which I love to do). I also thought that the impending arrival of Baby Peterson is a good excuse to get a better camera.

So, after putting off the task for several months, I finally settled on a Panasonic Lumix digital camera. The extremely helpful salesman at Mikes Camera assured me that this is the best digital camera you can buy without getting into the large super-zoom and SLR models.


It has 9.1-megapixel resolution and 10x optical zoom capabilities, and seems just about perfect for everything I will use it for. It's bigger that some of the compact digital cameras out there (because of the higher zoom), but still small enough to conveniently fit in my purse.






I've been a bit overwhelmed by all the cool things this camera can do, and haven't been able to make much sense of the instructions manual. But I used our recent Thanksgiving trip to Florida to familiarize myself with some of the camera's features. We spent Thanksgiving Day at my Aunt Cathy's house in Land O' Lakes, Florida. I took advantage of Cathy's amazing flowers and garden art to play with my new toy.






















I also took some pictures at our family's beach condo in Clearwater. Here are some of my favorite shots!

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!