Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Bluegrass Time!!

Where on earth has the time gone? We're headed back up to Lyons this weekend for the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest, so I figured it was probably time to post some pictures of the Rockygrass Bluegrass Festival a few weekends ago...

We headed to Lyons, Colorado (near Boulder) Wednesday night around 10 p.m. to get in line. We set up temporary camp in this meadow to wait to get into the campground for our favorite bluegrass festival, Rockygrass.


Angela made the trek from Massachusetts this year for the festival! We were so happy to have her join us....And of course, my cousin Haley was there. She's really taken advantage of the music scene in Colorado this summer! Check out her new hat....


Here's my man enjoying some Colorado bluegrass....

It was an EXTREMELY hot weekend. So, needless to say, we spent lots of time in the nice cool St. Vrain River.So did everyone else.

On Saturday we felt like pretty lucky kids to have backstage passes for the day (courtesy of our friend Bill). We made sure to get right in the front row for one of our favorite new bluegrass bands out of North Carolina, Chatham County Line http://www.chathamcountyline.com/index.html.
Here are my two favorite songs from their most recent album, IV.




I'm not going to lie...I have a pretty gigantic crush on the adorable mandolin player, John Teer. I think about 90% of the pictures I took that weekend were of this band. I won't bore you with all of them....

Overall, yet another wonderful Rockygrass. The music was wonderful, the weather was great, the Planet Bluegrass Ranch is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the crowd was filled with new and old friends. It was enough to make me a bit weepy as we drove out of Lyons on Sunday night with the sounds of Sammy Bush in the background.

No comments: