Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Vacation Part 3: New Hampshire



Summer Vacation Part 3 started immediately after Haley and Greg's wedding festivities finished up.  The entire extended family (minus a couple important people, namely my husband and brother, and of course the newlyweds) drove a few hours north of Boston to Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.  We settled in to the strangest house ever (and we've stayed in some weird places), and set about doing some of our very favorite things....
We're a family full of bookworms.  There was a lot of reading of course.
Playing in the lake.  The house had its own beach and despite the cool weather, we tried to take full advantage of the beautiful location.




Enjoying the youngest cousins
Boating!




Ice cream of course...

Celebrating a milestone birthday for my beautiful Aunt Barbara..
Magical walks to waterfalls



Touring the Castle in the Clouds




Stumbling upon a random princess party.....and my little girl was in heaven.


Packing as many people as possible into a small kitchen...

Lobsterfest 2013




And after it all...I was ready to be home.  A dreamy, meaningful, chaotic, tiring, beautiful vacation filled with my favorite things and favorite people in the whole world.  How nice to end a long day of travel with a love letter from my husband and a cold IPA.  Doesn't get much better than that. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great photos! New Hampshire sounds like such a wonderful place to visit. I have a few weddings nh coming up this summer, so I'm excited to go!