I wrote the list below on my iPad before going to sleep, late at night, after our most recent house concert with Dr. Harlan's Amazing Bluegrass Tonic. I was SO invigorated and inspired by the night that I wanted to document my feelings before a night of sleep took away some of the magic....Can't really say much more than this...
My favorite things about tonight:1. Family in the house: mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and a cousin from each side of my family. Friends of these family members have become family to us as well...
2. Hugs. Really LONG hugs from lots of people.
3. Emotional and physical reactions to the music and the event: Chills. Tears. Smiles.
5. Feeling like our house concerts can provide a brief moment of respite, peace, and escape for ourselves and our guests.
6. THE MUSIC!!!
7. Silence like nothing I've felt before at a house concert at a certain quiet point in this song (like 3m45s). Every person in the room was mesmerized and transfixed by the beauty of the lyrics, the voices, and the instruments. You could just feel the soul of the music filling up the room. Brian and I looked at each other in that moment with the biggest smiles on our faces. It was a knowing look we gave each other. Like, F*!& Yeah! THIS right here is why we do this.
8. Hearing from several of our most loyal house concert attendees that this was by far their VERY favorite house concert yet!
9. Big, sincere, genuine, heartfelt thank yous throughout the night swirling throughout the house. A feeling of gratitude permeated the whole evening. Nights like these can really remind us of how much we have to be thankful for.
None of the beauty of these nights is possible without the talented and gracious musicians who perform for us every month. We are so thankful to our friends in Dr. Harlan's for sharing their music with us.
See more video of the night on our youtube channel.