Tuesday, December 7, 2010

And Now I Celebrate

Because I passed the ASBOG National Geology Examination!

As I talked about in this post, I really studied my ass off for this test. I honestly have never worked so hard for anything (mentally). Sure, I had some hard classes in college, but nothing in my academic or professional life has ever challenged me the way preparing for and taking this test did.

We arrived home from our Thanksgiving trip to Florida to a big pile of mail. As I sifted through it, it didn't even occur to me to wonder if my results might have arrived while we were gone. And then I came across a relatively thick envelope from the Wyoming Board of Professional Geologists. I screamed! Then had a conversation with Brian that went something like this....

you open it
no, let me open it
no, I can't do it, you do it
go ahead and get the dog from across the street and then we'll open it
no, I can't wait that long, let's open it....

Needless to say, I finally opened the envelope and found that I had in fact passed both halves of the exam and I can now officially be considered a Professional Geologist (and I get to put letters (P.G.) after my name, yeah!)

No comments: