Monday, November 12, 2007

A Dream Come True

(Picture from the Denver Post)


Last Monday night we hopped on the light rail headed for downtown Denver. We met up with our friends Lindsay and Doug for dinner at Misi, and had some amazing pizza a couple glasses of wine. We made our way towards the Denver Convention Center and the Wells Fargo Theatre to see Neil Young! I've never seen Neil, and was interested. But I was mostly there for my husband. Brian is a gigantic Neil Young fan and I could feel the excitement oozing out of him.



We were so lucky to have eighth row seats (thanks to Lindsay) right on the floor. Neil's wife Peg started off the show, and I wasn't too impressed with her. I think she's better as a back-up singer.



Neil started off the show with an acoustic set that was amazing. The crowd for the night averaged about 50 years old, so they were very well-behaved! You could have heard a pin drop in that theatre during the acoustic set.



After a short set break, Neil returned in a different, paint-splattered suit and proceeded to RAWK! For as old as he is, he is such a rock star! The crowd was on its feet for most of the set, and Neil had a couple killer ~20 minute guitar solos.



Overall a great show. You know me, any chance to get weepy, I do...and that moment came towards the end of the first set when Neil pulled out a banjo. I couldn't help but cry with joy because Brian got to see his favorite rocker playing the banjo.....the best of both worlds.

No comments: