Sunday, September 30, 2007

I Think I'll Make It....

What fun we've had this weekend! Two nights of Railroad Earth, woohoooo!!!!!!!!! The Railroad boys were in fine form this weekend...they pulled out all the stops for their two Denver shows. I think they have a special place in their hearts for the Colorado crowd, we've been good to them from the beginning.

It was great to hear a handful of new songs, it can't be long before a new album is released. Friday night they covered Gram Parsons' Luxury Liner and ended the second set with My Sister's and Brothers, made popular by the Jerry Garcia Band. They also played The Good Life, probably my favoriate RR tune (based on the book The Good Life by Helena and Scott Nearing).
Saturday's show included some tasty treats including a three-piece horn section on several songs, a cover of Mississippi Half-Step (Phil and Friends were playing at Red Rocks the same night, we knew a Dead cover would make an appearance), and Todd playing a solo Girl From the North Country to start the encore. They finished the first set with "Came Up Smilin'", and the band members all left the stage while the horns were still playing...then the horns faded away while the horn section walked off stage while playing. The second set started with the horns walking on stage playing, then the band appeared one by one and picked "Came Up Smilin'" back up...very cool! Today I recover; every muscle in my body is sore! I guess that's what happens when you dance dance dance two nights in a row.

No comments: